Craving
I have a craving.
A craving for what my heart is beckoning
-Love-
Not just any love,
I crave someone new
A love unique in its nature
A love that drowns you in desire
I crave a love that is immortal,
One that never dies
One that lasts through the bounds of time.
Even when our bodies have expired, and laid to eternal rest,
our love survives as our souls are still tied in the after life.
A classic, rare, beauty is what I am searching.
My heart is Big, free flowing,
Much like a floating balloon without a string.
With no one to tie it to, my heart is often lost and lonely.
Patiently I wait for my man who is "the one,"
The one with the string to anchor my heart to.
Forever we can live in occassional bliss.
An era has passed,
I am over my single "blast."
No more substitutions for what my heart is yearning.
I want to share a love with a flame that stays forever burning.
With the virtue of patience, I humbly wait.
I am in NO hurry.
My pessimistic ways of clouded thinking that this such love does not
exist, has transformed into an optimistic hope.
A hope I hold dear, telling me Yes,
I am worthy. Worthy of what my heart longs for.
This love, this man, exists.
He has visited me in my dreams
Dreams that fuel my hope.
Even as I Awaken I can feel him lingering on my fingertips.
I know he is real
His identity is still a mystery
God has a plan for him and me, I feel it with such intensity.
I must be patient and wait for the key.
I pray for him to show me the way to unlock my dream,
And live with my eternal love in reality.
~DeEtta Shelton~
No comments:
Post a Comment