Friday, February 11, 2011

Quitting.

Quitting. It is not something I am used to. I am competitive. I am not a quitter. I can not quit anything easily. Be it a job, an activity(cough cough), or people. I don't like to quit. There is something about that that has to say
quality
about me, right? Maybe? Hopefully you are thinking, yes... if for no other reason than to brace you for what I am about to say.

I can't quit people. I've tried, it's impossible. Like I physically can not keep myself away, even from people that have hurt (meaning or not) me or my friends. I struggle with this. A lot. Mainly because, I love my friends. I love people. People keep me employed. People talk to me when I open my mouth and converse with them. If I can muster up the courage to talk to them... yes, I have a shy side. It does not show very often, but when it does, it is full force. Then, once it does, I feel like I have to need to prove myself, like, show everyone I was once shy around, that once I warm up, I'm really a funny, outgoing kind of gal. I can keep people in chuckles. But only if I am warm to them. I think this plays into my, "I can't quit people" mentality...
he someone would want to "be" in with me.... No punn intended. ThisTime.

I dunno. I'd like to think that I'm making progress with this... Making progress in my relationships in general.

Oh, and I am happy to report, that I am taking my wall down. One stone at a time.

So. Who wants to "be in with me?"


Even tho it's not nearly enough,
that is all.
Love love Love, De xxx
So. If I have such a hard time "quitting" people, why on earth can I not let myself feel anything beyond a friendship? I am an amazing person. (at least I think I am) It is so easy to fall in love with me. I have killer curves. (so Im told) and a pretty face. I have a heart, I care for people. People care for me. Why the heck can I not let anyone in? Assuming that h

1 comment:

  1. You say so much of what I feel. I have the hardest time letting go of people, even if i'm not friends with someone anymore. I try not to be the way but you're right when you say its hard to quit people. perfect way to phrase it

    ReplyDelete