I can only be me. No more. No less. Just as you, can only be you. No more. No less.
Expectations are the crutch of the optimistic mind. For if we didn't have expectations we could never be let down, heart broken, disappointed ect. How do you live a life without expectations? You can't. If you get rid of expectations, how would we ever improve in life, love, jobs, relationships, ect? We can't. So we set them. Most often times, we meet them, and set new ones. There sometimes is a person/situation in life, where expectations are set, and never met. This leads to heart break. We could defend our hearts to said disappointments. In fact we do this by setting expectations, that we know in our hearts, at the time they are made, that they will never be met. Still, you hold out a bit of hope, that this person, will in fact, meet them, and maybe exceed them a little bit. But, how long can one go, without meeting or even coming close to things expected of them? How many times can someone knowingly disappoint a person, and turn the other cheek? For that matter, how much disappointment can one person take? How long before that disappointment, that heart wrenching heartache, turns into resentment? At some point resentment will set in. I think I am there. I feel for everyone that has ever even known just a smidgen of what I am talking about. This is one of those "life isn't always fair" categories. This disappointment.
Now, is resentment the same as hate? Hate is a very strong emotion, very strong word, that I do not like to abuse. How do you tell the difference between hate and resentment, though? Does one feel more strongly than the other? Do they clearly define themselves? I am fairly new to the resentment/hate issue. I truly believe that what I am feeling is resentment and not hate. I just want to be sure that, there is a difference.
IF there is one, that is...
I promised to mail a letter today, that I do not know the address for...
That is all.
Love Love Love
De xx
No comments:
Post a Comment