Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Sam Bradley Experience.

How, what, when, where do I begin? "It begins like this...."

Sam Bradley embarked on his first headlining tour this year. I had the pleasure of catching his Dallas memorial day show. To start things off, we have the opening act. Holly Conlan. This woman has an amazing voice, completed by a flawless musical backdrop of piano, a six sting, and a trap set. Not to mention her ability to work her crowd. I hadn't heard anything from Holly Conlan until tonight's show, she won me over. Hands down, truly amazing over all musician. Go check her out, buy her cd. Her band is worth the cost.

Okay, the event of the night. The one and only Sam Bradley Band. This band is arguably THE MOST UNDER RATED Musical act, of our time. Sam Bradley's voice is cloaked with such raw emotion, that you feel as if every lyric he sings is a part of you. He has the ability to draw you in so closely, you can't help but feel his every emotion, as if it were your own. John Notto, (let's call him Sam's "Axe Man") is an excellent addition to Sam Bradley's sound. On his guitar, John can rip it up, make it cry, or make it sing. This guy rocks it out. Hard. Jeff Riedlinger, the bassist. Jeff keeps it "bumpin" on the four string, rockin' on along with John. Also can be known as the heart beat of the band. Mark Kerrey, the drummer, (who is single) pulls them all together keeping the rhythm of this outfit.

Tonight's show was by far the best I have ever heard the Sam Bradley Band. I realize I say that after every show, but this only goes to show that they are getting better and better. There is no experience quite like a Sam Bradley experience. As for Sam, I can also say this, his heart is as big as his soulful voice. Nah, probably bigger. Do yourself a favor, if the Sam Bradley Band is coming to a venue near you, GO! Do not pass GO, do NOT collect $200, go straight to SAM!!!! Check the dates here: www.sambradley.com buy his music while you are there, listen here www.myspace.com/sambradley and http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sam-Bradley-and-the-Men/25381230427?sk=wall

I must note, however, merely listening to a Sam Bradley song, is NOTHING compared to witnessing Sam Bradley and his band come alive on stage.

Go! GO! GO! GO! Don't sit out on this one. He's too good to pass up. Trust me. GO See him. Tell him I sent you.

Even though it is not nearly enough,
That is all.

Love Love Love,
De & Rea xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment