This is a poem that had been festering inside of me for a while now. Early this morning, it came to life. I still feel like it is not completely finished, so it is subject to change. Read if you'd like, and Have a peachy keen day!
This is for Creamy Chicken noodle soup. ;)
Before you
I wanted to feel the touch of your skin
Like the way air needs to fill my lungs
With every heave of my chest
My longing for you grew
Dreams tied in a knot,
Quickly morphing into a big, gorgeous bow
Keep me from you.
Rejection, in any form stings
But.
Eventually everyone leaves
Before you,
I kept my heart in a box
Wrapped in a thick chain
Locked with the strongest lock I could muster
Before you
A man would frequent my dreams
Him, I would long for
I didn't know then,
But I think he was you.
Before you,
I never wanted to find the key
To the lock on the chain,
enslaving my heart
Before you
I didn't realize that courage was the key I longed for
A key you gave me
Before you,
I never knew simple words could taste so sweet
Before you,
I didn't recognize the beauty that is Me.
Your words may just be lucky charms
But I don't care
With them I started to heal
Before you,
My insecurity was like a deep laceration across my soul
Bleeding life out of me
Your words were the stitches to my open wound
Now, I just heal
We were over before we began
Lettng you go is a difficulty I still don't quite understand
But, I just needed you to know
Before you,
The way I felt,
Was broken.
~DeEtta Marie.
WOw!! Really touching..
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete